Saturday, May 23, 2009

Entryway-Inspirations.

I have been looking for a way to organize my non-existent entry-way. My apartment has no separate foyer area. The door leads directly into the main living room. On the left, there is an open kitchen with the side of the refrigerator facing the living area, then comes the washing/drying area, and then the bathroom. So, I am left with not a whole lot of options. The only place where I could put my entry-way table is next to the entrance door on the right wall, where I also have the media cabinet and a book-shelf. So, space is an issue. I am thinking of using two baskets, one for storing hats & bags, and the other one for shoes. I would also be installing magnetic hooks on the door (luckily we have a steel door) for hanging coats, umbrellas, keys etc, and a magnetic letter holder.

Here are some of my inspiration pics:


From Zara Home ( my favorite home store). Although, this is a bathroom, I think I can use the same concept of utilizing the basket under a table for my entry-way area. Love the mirror as well. 



 I think I got this image from a DIY magazine ( I am not exactly sure about the source). Love the DIY shoe rack made from Tin crates. 




From Living Etc
Here, I don't see any specific storage area for the shoes. I'm not sure in a virtually no separate entry-way, how laying down the shoes on the floor would work.  However, I love the table, the fresh flowers on the table top, the umbrella and the hat holder. 

Have a good weekend. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great weekend. Nice post!!! All three images look very impressive. I do agree the third one has no storage space.

Depending on how much space you have... there is quite a bit you can do. Have you seen benches with storage pace?? Or little baitak like thingys with storage space in them?? IKEA has a plastic shoe rack... it comes in sets of three.. so if you buy two sets, you can arrange it to give a stair case effect.. and use the top bit for displaying something... They come in different colours and look great!

Anonymous said...

Liked the last picture. It looked like a home. Hope you are doing well.

anusha said...

Pat, I like the Ikea racks. I don't have a lot of space, so bench might not fit in. Aditi, thanks for asking, yeah I am doing fine.

yanmaneee said...

kyrie 6
off white x jordan 1
cheap jordans
yeezy
curry 7 shoes
steph curry shoes
calvin klein outlet
air jordan
yeezys
supreme clothing