Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pierre Bonnard

I haven't been blogging for quite sometime now. There has been so much drama going on in my life. Oh well, life still goes on.

I went to the MET yesterday and visited the exhibition on the Late Interiors of Pierre Bonnard. The exhibition focussed entirely on the late interiors. What I loved the most was the way Pierre brought in life in these paintings. Most paintings were playful and brought in joy while quite a few conveyed a deep emotional sentiment.

Although cameras were not allowed in this section, I managed to take some shots. Here are some of his work:



Work Table, 1926/1937
If you look closely, you can see a dog and a cat on top of the sofa behind the work table.
The dog looks well rested. Pretty nice life! Don't you think so?


I love the complementary colors used in this painting. Very bright and cheerful.


I wish I could be right there. Love the scenic view from the window.

The muted blue and pink works so well together. A very calm and relaxing place indeed.

Have a good weekend everyone. So long.


6 comments:

Patricia Torres said...

these are all lovely!!

Aditi said...

I envy you the Met's proximity! I would have loved to browse through the exhibition.

Alicia B Designs said...

I went to that on Friday! Great exhibit--cheer up missy!
xoxo

Megha Chhatbar said...

Waaaooow...Breath taking designs..:) Very well done! :)Happy Easter to you!

Megha
Art on Sketchbook

Esra said...

Hello gorgeous,
nice to have you back, he he..
Very nice post, thanks for sharing !
Much love,
xo

徵信社 said...

I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

參觀,Thanks