Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Decorating with Floor cushions/pillows

I face a big dilemma in coming up with seating arrangements when it comes to inviting people over to my really teeny Manhattan apartment. Till now, I haven't been able to invite more than five friends at a time. I know I can squeeze in up-to ten people in my living room. The major problem is the lack of furniture. It is so expensive, and I seriously don't have much money to spare at this moment. So, I am thinking, how can I create an interior setting for entertaining up to 10? Voila, The answer is by purchasing Floor Cushions.

Floor Cushions have been widely used in Asian and African interior settings. These cushions are easy to transport, inexpensive, and when not in use, can be stacked up in a corner. Floor cushions are a great way to spruce up a room. You can choose bright colors, varied patterns to create an exotic look or go with a plain muted down cotton, silk, or linen fabric for a simple & sophisticated look. The decoration option is up to you.

Here are some Floor Cushions I would like to purchase sometime in the future:


Floor Pillows/Cushions from Zara Home
Platabanda floor cushion
Price: 45.90 Euros.
100% Cotton. Perfect for a Modern look.
Party Floor Cushion
Price: 45.90 Euros.
This Velvety cushion adds a luxurious look to any space.
Stripes Floor Cushion
Price: 45.90 Euros.
I love this. It is made up of 100% silk. Very elegant and sophisticated.



Floor Cushion from EQ3

This is perfect for my budget. Pretty affordable. Don't you think?



Floor Cushions from Wrapables:

16" by 16" Hanami Floor Cushion for $17.99
Add a little bit of Japanese decor to your room.


Floor Cushions from West Elm


26 sq " Water Hyacinth Floor Pillows for $39.99
The best deal for the buck. It is on sale. The original price was $99.99


I have included the most affordable products. If you are willing to spend a little more, check out Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters.


Hope you guys liked my selection. Any suggestions??



10 comments:

Alicia B. Designs said...

I think I like the west elm ones the best...they look the sturdiest. I love Zara Home! I never would have known about them if not for your blog!

Anonymous said...

I loved the water hyacinth pillows... how lovely!! Yes indeed, the floor pillows is a great idea.

If you have a single matress.. you can place it on the floor with a few throws and cushions and it becomes a great baithak type seating arrangements. Huge hit with most people!!

anusha said...

Alicia and Patricia: I loved the West Elm's Water Hyacinth pillows as well. It is pretty affordable.
Lish: I am glad I was able to introduce Zara Home to you.
Patricia: True, In India, we use Something called Diwan, More of a twin platform bed kind, and we throw lots of decorative pillows.
Thanks for your suggestions. & thanks for leaving your comment.

Unknown said...

I loved the Water Hyacinth Floor Pillows too, lovely post Anusha.- Rekha

anusha said...

Thanks Rekha. Love your blog. Pretty cool and unique

Unknown said...

I had some floor cushions in replacement with our flooded sofa. Well, there was no storm that passed us in New Jersey; it's just our plumbing problems that caused flood in our house in Bedminster.

Good thing our carpets were restored with the help of carpet cleaning (Bedminster-based) company. Too bad our sofa turned out as a basin that we can no longer use it.

yanmaneee said...

goyard
balenciaga
supreme clothing
golden goose
jordan shoes
goyard
golden goose sneakers
adidsas yeezy
air jordan
yeezy shoes

Unknown said...

site ici Dolabuy Hermes Obtenir plus d'informations répliques de sacs 7a en gros ici Source

Unknown said...

replica bags and watches More Info k5i46w7z17 replica nappy bags YOURURL.com d8q38v8l90 gucci replica bags replica bags wholesale in divisoria replica bags for sale fake hermes z1b96f5k70 replica bags wholesale

Anonymous said...

off white
supreme
yeezy
supreme clothing
supreme hoodie
off white
goyard outlet
supreme clothing
curry 7 shoes
ggdb sneakers